Increasingly, international law firms are centralising their corporate responsibility programmes and encouraging their offices in other countries to expand their community engagement. European Lawyers in Schools offers an exciting opportunity to develop - or even begin - your globally integrated corporate responsibility programme.
Lawyers in Schools has over 15 years of proven success in the UK and has received such positive feedback from students, lawyers, and teachers that we are now expanding to offer the programme in other countries. As a well-established model, Lawyers in Schools can be picked up and adapted with ease, providing a way to link local corporate responsibility initiatives across the region and develop a sense of international volunteer camaraderie.
Now more than ever, young people need effective citizenship education that prepares them to take part in democratic society. The future of the European Union, and individual countries' roles within it, are uncertain and youth unemployment percentages are hitting double digits across the EU. European Lawyers in Schools provides an excellent and timely opportunity to explore some of society's most important questions in depth with the young people who will shape the future.
We aim to bring effective and engaging public legal education to young people in jurisdictions throughout the EU- and beyond! Work with us towards a society where everybody knows their rights and responsibilities and feels empowered to influence society for the better.
Check out our current international programme in Romania.
How does it work?
- In small groups, volunteers deliver six 1-hour sessions with a local secondary school.
- We will work with you to identify a local school directly or to find a broker organisation to help you with the partnership development and delivery - you choose.
- Adapt and translate the legal educational materials to your local context - a great pro-bono and branding opportunity for the firm!
- The Citizenship Foundation's educational staff will design and check the units before sending through the final PDF units to use.
- The Lawyers in Schools team will deliver a 2-hour training session to you or your broker (who will in turn deliver the traning to your volunteers) to ensure that all volunteers feel confident and fully prepared to facilitate sessions in the classroom.
- We undertake a full impact evaluation to demonstrate the effects of the programme.
- A license to run Lawyers in Schools in your jurisdiction
- 6 proven educational units
- Full training
- Use of firms' logo on the Lawyers in Schools and the Citizenship Foundation's websites and promotional materials.
- A participation kitemark for your website
- Our evaluation materials which you can adapt to your needs, so that you can accurately report the impact of your work to your partners and shareholders
- Inclusion in our annual Lawyers in Schools evaluation with a dedicated international page
Please contact us if you would like further information.