The Citizenship Foundation offers one-off law-related educational workshops, facilitated by our experienced staff. These are a chance for legal volunteers from your company to work with groups of students to facilitate discussion and debate on interesting legal and social topics.
We offer workshops at your offices on a variety of topics, including:
- Social Media and the Law: This module looks at the legal aspects of cyberbullying, sexting in schools, as well as how best to stay safe online.
- Mock Trials: Bring the courts to life with this taster of what is involved in a trial. Our facilitators guide students through the trial procedures and advocacy skills and ends with a mini mock trial.
- Minimal time-commitment
- Unique skills-development opportunity
- Tried and tested programme
- Off-the-shelf but customisable
- Develop young people’s understanding of the law
- Provide students with tools to navigate their way through the legal system
“We ran this workshop with our Pioneer Programme as it’s so relevant to students today. The workshop was fun and informative for both lawyers and students. The facilitators really made the session fun, meaning students really engaged with the topic. Most students were not aware of the legal implications which can arise from engaging in social media so the session was a real eye opener for them!”
Laura Whelan, Corporate Responsibility & Diversity Manager at Bird & Bird LLP
“Absolutely useful information! Enjoyed the great vibe while learning fundamental law."
Student, Social Media and the Law Workshop
“I thought the exercise matching the scenario to the offence to the outcome was great. It really got the students thinking and some of the outcomes surprised them (and me) a little.”
Volunteer, Kemp Little, Social Media and the Law Workshop
Workshops usually last 2 hours, and start from £599 (plus VAT). If you would like something longer or bespoke to your interests, just get in touch to discuss different options. Please contact Dorothy Spencer for more information.
E: email@example.com T: 020 7566 7757